Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 2011 - Spain and France - Day 9 : España - Hasta la próxima

We left Viellle-Adout at around 9:45 and set our Sat Navs to Condom. The route was “OK” but it was rather dull D roads interspersed with towns and the inevitable plethora of roundabouts. We had initially decided to go to Blaye and then travel up the coats road but, as the temperature settled on 28C Dave's idea of just getting home and the swimming seemed more and more attractive. So we joined the autoroute and sat there for an hour or so and, by 3:00pm we had arrived.

The plan was for me to return back to Spain to pick up the ferry to Portsmouth but the more I though about it, the more illogical it became. So, I contacted Brittany Ferries and they swapped by Santander to Portsmouth ticket for a Caen to Portsmouth ticket; and refunded me £43 in the process :-)

So I shall have to do Spain “next time”; or another time.

Effectively this means that I shall be home 48 hours early; which is fine and which will bring the holiday to an end.

No comments: